University of Adelaide
- Student loans up to $152,700
- Interest free loans
- Get approved fast
[Accessed May 2, 2023]
University of Adelaide - Interest-free student loans
The University of Adelaide offers interest-free student loans that are available to students to help with living and study costs while they are at University.
Loans of up to $500 are offered as unsecured loans or up to $1,000 for International students or up to $2,000 for domestic students that get a guarantor to co-sign on the loan. If your student loan is approved the funds will be paid into your nominated bank account within 5 to 9 working days.
How to apply?
To apply for a loan you will need to log onto the website and complete the student loan application form. If the loan is for more than $500 then a guarantor will need to co-sign on the loan.
You will then need to make an appointment to come and see an education and welfare officer or an international student advisor depending on your application. Any student that is experiencing financial hardship can apply for a number of financial assistance programs to help them pay for tuition or living expenses.
Loan amounts up to $2,000
The Student Care team is there to assist students by informing them of the different options that are available to them in their time of financial strain.
They can help the student determine if a loan, grant or Scholarship would best suit their needs. They can also help the student negotiate with debtors and offer financial counselling, referrals and advice. To get in touch give us a call on 08 8313 5430
There are a number of student loans that they offer students including:
- HECS-HELP, SA- HELP and OS-HELP
- Financial support schemes
For students that are paying the full fee, they have the following options:
- FEE-HELP and SA HELP student loans
- Tuition fees by instalment
- Financial support schemes
University of Adelaide – Student loan
- Loan Type Student loans
- Loan Amount up to $152,700
Benefits of University of Adelaide
- Apply for a student loan online
- Affordable loan options
Student loan calculator
University of Adelaide - A broad range of scholarships available
The Australian Government offers HELP to assist students with the costs of their tuition and other educational-related expenses. HELP loans fall into certain categories these are:
- SA-HELP – This loan helps students pay for all or part of their student services and amenities fee
- HECS-HELP – This loan helps the student pay for the student's contribution amount
- FEE-HELP – This loan is to help students pay their tuition fees
- OS-HELP – This loan is to help a student pay for their overseas studies
- COMMONWEALTH ASSISTANCE NOTICE (CAN) – This is a notice that is given to students which have all the details and HELP-specific information the student needs available in it. This includes information on specific courses, fee and payment structure plans and HELP assistance resources.
Types of scholarships
The University offers scholarships to undergraduate and postgraduate students through a non-profit organisation to pay for students' educational requirements.
Types of scholarships available include:
- Postgraduate research scholarships allow students that are domestic or international to apply these scholarships allow funding for travel and for current studies.
- International students can apply to study abroad as part of an undergraduate or postgraduate program.
- External scholarships offer students the opportunity to get grants from organisations external to the University of Adelaide
Financial support scheme
They offer a large range of financial support products including emergency loans, student loans, equal access grants, critical needs grants, the R Riddle Scholarship and the Walter and Dorothy Duncan Trust.
This type of loan is available to students that offer short-term loans to help them pay for food, groceries, transport costs, bills, rent, medicine and books that you require for your course.
Student loans allow students to borrow up to $500 as an unsecured loan. If the student needs more cash then they may apply for a secured loan of up to $2000 the student will need to provide a form of collateral to secure the loan amount.
Equal access grant- scheme
This grant is to assist students with paying for study-related expenses. Applications can be made throughout the year and the decision will be made after the student has had an interview with a staff member.
Critical needs grant
A critical needs grant is for those students that are disadvantaged and helps students pay for accommodation, food and transport costs. This is a once-off grant that can be used to help students when they are struggling with their finances.
Strict conditions apply and the student will need to be interviewed.
A R Riddle Scholarship
This scholarship is available to students that are in the last semester of their Honors or postgraduate programs. The student will need to show that they are under financial strain and provide any supporting documents that may be needed.
All applicants will be requested to contact Student Care to arrange an appointment for an interview and to discuss their application. The student will be required to provide details of their income, expenses and reason they are seeking assistance.
Walter and Dorothy Duncan Trust
This grants students a once-off request for study-related assistance. A panel will meet and consider the student's application on an ongoing monthly basis. The student must show that they need financial assistance and show academic merit and meet certain criteria.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
I think it is amazing that I was able to apply for an unsecured student loan to help me with my academic costs such as textbooks and course material. Very convenient not needing to provide securi...
— Adelaide —
The quick and convenient online application process for an interest-free student loan, could I ask for more?
— Adelaide —
So many financial aid options available to students makes it easy to find what works best for you. Very happy with the overall service and product.
— Adelaide —