- Short-term loans up to $100,000
- Low-interest starting from 8%
- Repayment up to 5 years
[Accessed May 2, 2023]
Bankwest - Fast, convenient short-term loans
Bankwest established in 1895 as the Agricultural Bank of Western Australia their business serves both retail and small business customers from all over Australia.
They are a division of the Commonwealth Bank and practice being a responsible lender offering short-term loans, business loans, home loan and banking services. They aim to strike a balance between their customers, shareholders and grow a sustainable business.
Their company aims to give back to the community employing over 4 000 people nationally including 3000 people in WA. They have over 1.2 million happy customers and they reinvest 25% of their profits back into the business to fund other inactive and ensure future growth.
They are very passionate about putting their customers first and making a difference in the community. They believe in starting from the grass root level and supporting the causes that they care about. They are proud to support their customers and strive to understand the needs and preferences of their customers and become and remain Australia’s preferred personal and emergency loan provider.
Giving back to the community
In the last 12 months they have contributed to the economy in the following ways:
- They contributed 300 million tax dollars to the economy
- They support 1,100 small businesses
- They invested $5 million in the community
- They helped over 5,300 Australians purchase their first homes
Loans up to $50,000
Their service includes short-term personal loans, home loans, personal loans, business loans and credit cards.
Their online website gives you access to their helpful tools such as borrowing calculators, home loan application tracker and a place where you can compare loan repayments. They offer advice on building and renovating as well as investing in property or buying your first home.
Short-term personal loans
A short-term loan refers to a loan that needs to be paid back relatively quickly, usually by the time your next payday comes around. The interest rate is usually a lot higher and you will need to pay the loan back in one payment on your next payday.
Unsecured personal loan
This type of loan allows you to borrow anything from $5,000 to $50,000 without needing to put anything down as collateral this is known as an unsecured loan.
The benefits of this type of quick loan includes the following:
- Fixed competitive interest rate – this allows you to plan your budget better by knowing exactly what your monthly payments will be.
- Choose your repayment terms – choose how long you need to pay back the money and how much you would like to pay back. Choose between 3 to seven years.
- No penalty fees for early repayments – if you have a bit of extra cash you will not be penalised for paying your loan back early. You can make payments whenever you want to.
Bankwest – Short-term loan
- Loan Type Short-term loans
- Interest Rate 8 – 48% p/a
- Loan Amount up to $100,000
- Repayment 6 months to 5 years
Benefits of Bankwest
- Their loans have lower interest rates
- Flexible repayment options
- Unsecured short-term loans
- Apply online and get approved fast
Short-term loan calculator
Bankwest - Tailor-made loans
An unsecured personal loan is perfect for you if you want to consolidate your debt If you need to renovate your property if you are thinking of buying a new car, planning a wedding or anything to take a holiday.
Do you qualify?
You will be eligible for an unsecured personal or short-term cash loan if you meet the following criteria:
- You must be over the age of 18
- You must be a permanent Australian resident
- You must earn more than $20, 000 a year
- Your Australian driver's license or valid passport
- Details of your employment/ including telephone numbers and how long you have been employed.
- Financial supporting documents, including a copy of your payslip, expenses and a bank statement.
Keeping you safe
If you are a new Bankwest client you will need to visit your local Bankwest store with an original or certified copy of one of the following forms of identification.
- A photo ID such as your driver’s license or valid passport
- If you don’t have a photo ID they will need 2 forms of primary ID such as your birth certificate, citizenship papers and a utility bill
- Government benefit card
If you don’t want to visit a Bankwest store, then you can apply for a loan online. You will need to apply for an electronic ID check for security purposes.
To apply online they will need you to supply at least two forms of identification.
- Your Australian driver’s license - you will need to provide the state of issue, license number and expiry date.
- Medicare card - you will be asked to provide your Medicare 10 digit number, your individual reference number, the name that is printed on your card, the colour of the card and how long the card is valid for.
- Passport – your Australian passport must be valid you will need to supply the country of issue, your passport number, the expiry date, the place of birth that is stated on your passport, country of birth and family name.
Why do they check your ID?
They check your ID to ensure security and to comply with the AML/CTP ACT of 2006 this act requires that they check your ID if they supply you with any of the following services:
- When you are opening a new account as a new client
- If you become a signatory to an existing account
- When applying for a mortgage
- When you want to claim funds from a closed account
- When claiming funds from ASIC for a closed, inactive account
You should make sure that your ID documents are in the same name as the name you have applied to Bankwest with the same residential address otherwise you may run into problems when it comes to proving your identity.
Contact them anywhere in Australia by calling 1800 650 111 toll-free to speak to one of their friendly consultants. Or email them your personal or business loan query from their website.
Bankwest is a trusted & reliable provider of short-term loans
In our review, Bankwest adheres to the compliance criteria in accordance with the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009, where the granting the loan will not cause financial distress to the consumer.
✅ Bankwest is a registered credit provider in Australia: ACL 234945
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Quick and easy online application- it really took few minutes I was approved within 24 hours and money was in my account.
— Taree —
I was able to buy a car thank you Bank West for affordable loans.
— Temora —
The consultant I spoke to was very helpful and explained everything clearly.
— Turnut —
- not available
- 50 William St Perth WA 6000 Australia
- Get Directions
- PO Box E237, Perth WA, 6841, Australia
- Monday 09:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 09:30 – 17:00
- Wednesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 17:00
- Friday 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed