Keystart - You can have your dream home
Keystart was born in 1989 to bring low-deposit home loans to West Australians who are unable to meet the deposit requirements from conventional lenders.
Up to date, we have assisted around 100,000 West Australians, and they thought they would never own a home or access homeownership. It is important to keep other debts such as personal loans, car loans and credit card debt to a minimum before applying for a home loan.
We value our clients
It is essential for clients to earn have an adequate income, typically resulting from gainful employment, in order for them to be successful with their home tenure journey, in order for them to meet their home loan obligations comfortably. This is the usual condition of lenders.
We have a program of awareness which has been in progress to reach the community with regards to accessing home ownership through Keystart’s low deposit scheme; although we rely on word-of-mouth advertising that many of our clients are happy to do.
Affordable loans with low deposits
We help by bringing home ownership dream’s alive because we offer affordable and low deposit home loans with no mortgage insurance.
We assist all home buyers’ not only first time home buyers so whether it’s your second or subsequent home. All our loans are for owners that want to occupy their home; though farmers and rural business owners are able to obtain finance from their dependents or their employees.
We give clients opportunities
Keystart is proud of the fact that we can assist families from a diversity of backgrounds the opportunity to move into their home of their own. Our property finance could be used to fund the purchase of a block of land and construction contracts or buy a home that has already been established.
Perth metro home loans
We offer ‘Low Deposit’ home loan with flexible interest rate loan, this loan can be to buy an established home or build a new house or can be used by owner-occupiers to buy. It’s also available to first time home buyers as non-first time buyers we also lend across the State of Western Australia.
Keystart Home loan
- Loan Type Home loans
- Interest Rate 4.54 – 5.34% p/a
- Loan Amount up to $470,000
- Repayment 7 years to 30 years
Benefits of Keystart
- No monthly fees
- Get pre-approved in 30 minutes
- Convenient online loan applications
- Get a home loan with a low deposit
Keystart – Affordable & reliable home loans
Keystart provides a variation of home loan options for first timers and subsequent homebuyers in the Perth metropolitan area. Do you want to improve the quality of your housing or perhaps you are thinking of owning your own home? You could consider the option below.
Keystart standard home loan
The Keystart Standard home Loan is a low deposit home loan that is available to assist Western Australians to finance affordable home loans when other home loan lenders are not able to provide assistance. You are able to build or buy a home anywhere in Western Australia the loan is also available for owner occupiers as well as first-time buyers and subsequent buyers.
Aboriginal home loan
This Home Loan was recognised in 1995 and was intended to make provision, educate and offer a chance for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. By means of giving people the opportunity of purchasing affordable homes to live in.
Disability home loan
This home Loan assists individuals who have a disability or care for a dependant with a permanent disability, it allows you to buy an affordable home or make modifications to an existing home.
Sole parent home loan
This option is available to current homeowners to refinance a current family home into sole ownership; it applies to single parents to hang onto a home as a result of separation or in a case of bereavement. Keystart will need to check each and every candidate's state of affairs carefully to confirm that our clients are able to afford home loan repayments without getting into financial trouble. So we require thorough documentation from you when you apply for a loan.
Education program - This program was applied in September 2010 and designed to benefit a growing number of unqualified West Australians (mostly through too much debt) become eligible for a Keystart loan. We are proud to say that more than 160 applicants have effectively completed the program since inception.
We are administered by the Corporations Act and controlled by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. And only one shareholder: the WA Housing Authority.
What else is different?
- Transitional scheme - Once a client’s financial status quo improves, they may refinance to a provider the offers financial solutions that we do not offer such as; credit cards or financial planning services, or possibly other solutions that may support their individual purposes. Approximately 80% of our clients have already transitioned to private lenders.
- Quality loan-book - Roughly 89% of our clients are in excess of their repayments by one month or two months perhaps more. The standard proportions of lapsed accounts in the mortgage market a steadily above 1.3% of a loan book. For this financial year to April 2018, our proportion of lapsed accounts is averaging 1.1%.
- No government subsidy - No grants are provided to Keystart and have not required on-going financial aid.
- Strong social dividend - Surpluses are reverted to the Housing Authority in the form of a surplus, and the Housing Authority uses those funds to complete its social housing objectives.
- Surpluses - Over the last five years up to 2017, we have delivered over $30 million in social dividends.
Keystart is a trusted & reliable provider of home loans
In our review, Keystart adheres to the compliance criteria in accordance with the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009, as well as the National Consumer Credit Protection Regulations 2010, where the granting the loan will not cause financial distress to the consumer.
Keystart is a registered credit provider in Australia; ACL 381437
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
The lowest interest rate we were offered when looking into financing our dream home. The service we received was top notch!
— Canberra —
Smooth and seamless application and approval with a timely payout. Fantastic company, we will be recommending them to our friends.
— Perth —
As a first time buyer, I was very anxious about the whole process, but the staff at Keystart were very helpful and eased some of my anxiety!
— Darwin —
- 2 Brook Street Perth WA 6004 Australia
- Get Directions
- PO Box 6679, East Perth, Western Australia, 6892, Australia
- Monday 08:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 08:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 08:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 08:00 – 17:00
- Friday 08:00 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed