Teachers Mutual Bank
- Credit cards up to $25,000
- Low-interest up to 7.9%
- Repayment up to 12 months
[Accessed May 2, 2023]
Teacher Mutual Bank - Quality products and services
The Teachers Mutual Bank opened its doors in 1966 and has been operating for over 50 years.
9 teachers had a dream of helping teachers and putting together an organisation that offers the finest products and services such as loans and credit cards to teachers and their families.
They based their foundation on partnership, education, strength, commitment, integrity and sustainability so that they could be braver, bolder and even more competitive and bring you the best value for money products and services. Their main values focus on advocacy, passion and sustainability.
They are there for you through every step of your financial journey and help you make the most of every dollar that you earn and help you reach the financial goals that you have set. The products and services that they offer have been specifically designed for teachers.
Their passion is putting you first and helping you achieve financial freedom. Their passion is to assist teachers, their families and others in the education industry to get ahead so that they can continue educating the youth and not have to stress about financial issues.
They are 100 % committed to making the future a better place by employing skilled, ethical staff members. they deliver the most innovative products and services and help various communities and schools as well as the environment to ensure a more sustainable future. Teachers Bank has over 193,000 members and more than $6.9 billion in assets which makes them a market leader.
Customer-owned banking code of practice
This is their promise to you that everything they do is to benefit their members, encourage community involvement, charge fair fees and provide their clients with excellent customer service and advice.
Their services are available 24/7
Their products and services include home loans, accounts, credit cards, personal loans, insurance, travel and financial planning. All their services are available 24 hours a day via Internet banking or via their mobile app.
Their 10 promises to their clients
- All their dealing is ethical and fair
- Their focus is on empowering their members
- All the information they provide will be clear and correct
- They are a responsible lender
- They will always offer the highest standards of customer service excellence
- All complaints will be handled fairly and resolved quickly
- They recognise their member's rights
- They comply with all industry and legal obligations
- They aim to improve the lives of the community and have sustainable business practices
Teachers Mutual Bank Credit Card
Your Teachers Mutual Bank Credit Card can be used to pay for shopping, travel overseas or consolidate your debt.
To apply is 100 % free and you will only be charged 7.90 %pa for the first 6 months and you won’t be charged any annual fees.
Other benefits include:
- Compatible with Apple Pay
- Compatible with Google Pay
- 90 pa rate for the first 6 months
- You won’t be charged any annual fees
- Make even faster payments of up to $100 with payWave
- Manage and transfer your balances hassle-free
- They use the safest and most secure chip card technology
- Get extra protection with Visa Zero Liability
- The credit card is accepted in over 200 countries
- Access to a 24-hour hotline for lost and stolen cards
- Credit limit of $1,000 to $25,000
Teachers Mutual Bank – Credit card
- Loan Type Credit cards
- Interest Rate 7.9%
- Loan Amount up to $25,000
- Repayment 6 months to 12 months
Benefits of Teachers Mutual Bank
- Balance transfer options
- Apply online in 15 minutes
- No annual fees
- The cards are accepted worldwide
Teacher Mutual Bank - They support teachers across Australia
To apply for a Teachers Mutual Bank Credit Card you will need to be a member of the Teachers Mutual Bank. To join you will need to apply via their website by using their online loan application form. You will need to supply them with a form of identification. Complete the application form in a few minutes and then click join. They will give you an outcome of your membership within 15 minutes.
You will then get a phone call to confirm and verify your details you will then become a member of the Teachers Mutual Bank.
To apply for a Teachers Mutual Bank Credit Card you will need to supply details of your employment and income. They will then send you an offer letter that you can accept online and then they will send the credit card to you or you can apply at any of their offices during business hours.
To apply for membership you need to be 18 years old or older.
Your credit limit will be determined by a number of different factors these will include your income, credit record and financial commitments. The credit limit can range from $1,000 to as much as $25,000.
You are welcome to add family members and friends as long as they are over the age of 18.
How do you make repayments?
- Via phone or Internet banking
- Organise a direct debit to automatically deduct the minimum payment from your account
- Pay using your BPAY
- Or mail them a cheque
- You need to pay at least 3 % of your closing balance
- To increase your credit limit please complete the credit application form and someone will contact you.
Teachers Mutual Bank is a trusted & reliable provider of credit cards
In our review, Teachers Mutual Bank adheres to the compliance criteria in accordance with the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009, where the granting the loan will not cause financial distress to the consumer.
✅ Teachers Mutual Bank is a registered credit provider in Australia: ACL 238981
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Struggling to find fault with this provider. Really nice service with stress-free application.
— Brisbane —
Teachers Mutual Bank has excellent interest rates and awesome friendly staff to help you along the way with any queries and such. SO happy I was able to get my credit card through them!
— Hobart —
Such a pleasant experience! I was able to fill out my complete application online and was approved in minutes. No hassle, no fuss.
— Gold Coast —
Teachers Mutual Bank Contact
- 28-38 Powell Street Homebush NSW 2140 Australia
- Get Directions
- PO Box 7501, Silverwater NSW , 2128, Australia
- Monday 09:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 17:00
- Friday 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed