- Business loans up to $250,000
- Low-interest starting from 1%
- Repayment up to 7 years
[Accessed May 2, 2023]
Business Victoria – Start, run or grow your business
Business Victoria is a website that provides information for businesses and that provides recourses to help you start, run and grow your business.
The website will give you access to information regarding key business issues and the ability to answer questions and obtain advice on everything from business finance to daily operations. There's information on specific industry sectors. They'll help you identify if you'll need to obtain any Government licenses and provide guidelines on any regulations that might apply to your business.
Customised business solutions
Their step-by-step interactive guides will help you set up a customised business solution. You'll have access to their consultants that are there to offer relevant financial support, advice and training as well as answer any questions that you may have. They'll assist you in growing your business. Their website offers advice about every life stage of your business from the initial startup to obtaining financing, how to market your business correctly and everything running a business entails.
Small business and commercial loans
When you apply for a loan you'll need to prepare a detailed business plan to show your exact purpose of what the money will be used for.
Make sure that your business plan answers the following questions:
- How much does the business need to borrow?
- What type of loan would best suit my needs?
- Can my business afford to repay the loan and all the fees associated with the loan?
- Do I have any collateral that can secure my loan?
Choose from a wide range of options
Their website gives all Australian citizens the information and resources that they need in order to set up, grow or expand their businesses in every stage of development.
The website offers free resources and access to experts that can answer any questions that may arise. Once you've determined how much you need to borrow you'll need to decide on a number of other factors. There are many types of business loans available with different contract terms.
Fixed or variable interest rate
A line of credit can be opened by adding an overdraft facility to your business account this will allow the business immediate access to the fast loan that they need.
When you're choosing your loan terms you'll need to decide between a fixed or variable interest rate.
This choice will affect the stability of repayments and affect the amount that is paid. The interest rate will affect the total cost of the loan.
- With a fixed interest rate the term is fixed for the duration of the business loan agreement the monthly payments will not change. This makes it very easy to budget as you always know the amount that you're being charged.
- A variable interest rate will change depending on how the markets are performing, this makes this type of interest rate risky as you could potentially save money or lose money depending on the market rate.
If your business is just starting out they advise you to stick to a fixed interest rate as it makes it easier to budget.
Business Victoria – Business loan
- Loan Type Business loans
- Interest Rate 1 – 15.95% p/a
- Loan Amount up to $250,000
- Repayment 1 year to 7 years
Benefits of Business Victoria
- Affordable business finance
- Quick and easy online applications
- Save on interest rates
Business loan calculator
Business Victoria – Helping your business grow
Loans can be secured or unsecured depending on how much you need to borrow and if you have an item of collateral to secure your loan.
- A secured personal loan offers a lower interest rate as the loan is much less risky for the lender. You'll need to secure the loan with an item of value that is listed as collateral. This item can be anything that you own of value and could include property, your vehicle or an expensive piece of jewellery. If you do not pay back the loan as per the loan agreement, you will lose the item that you have listed as collateral. The collateral will be used to pay for the cost of the loan.
- An unsecured loan is a loan that is not secured by any form of collateral the interest rate is much higher as the risk of lending you money is much higher for the lender.
It's important to know how much your business loan is going to cost your business. Are there any one-off fees or establishment fee charges? Are there any discharge fees or service fees that need to be paid? Use the forecasting template available on their website to determine how much money you'll need to borrow and how much the total loan will cost.
Before your business is granted a loan, the banks or lenders will perform a risk assessment on your business, the assessment will look for your ability to use the money in order to make more money and pay back the loan as well as grow and expand your business.
If your business does not make a profit, then it's unlikely that you'll be granted a long or short-term loan. Your loan application may be declined if you do not plan properly or show that you've researched market trends and sustainability options.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
As someone who had bad credit previously I was concerned that I would not be able to find financing for my business, however Business Victoria was still willing and able to assist me with a busin...
— Sydney —
Great working with BV, their loan application process was simple and easy without requiring mountains of paperwork.
— Townsville —
Business Victoria Contact
- not available
- 121 Exhibition Street Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia
- Get Directions
- GPO Box 4509, Melbourne, 3001, Australia
- Monday Open – 24 hours
- Tuesday Open – 24 hours
- Wednesday Open – 24 hours
- Thursday Open – 24 hours
- Friday Open – 24 hours
- Saturday Open – 24 hours
- Sunday Open – 24 hours